Friday, May 8, 2009
May 11-17 Is “National Children’s Book Week,” and...
“R.E.A.C.H. a Child! Week” in the City of Evansville, thanks to a proclamation from Mayor Jonathan Weinzapfel. Mayor Weinzapfel joins the Mayors of Mishawaka and Elkhart in issuing a proclamation, and I would like to thank them for their efforts to raise awareness of our non-profit.
Regardless of whether or not you live in Evansville, here are some ways that you can help Indiana’s R.E.A.C.H. a Child! to help both first-responders and Hoosier children during Children’s Book/R.E.A.C.H. a Child! Week:
* Click the “Donate” button at the bottom of this post and make a tax-deductible financial contribution using your PayPal account
* Arrange a corporate donation
* Join the With Wings and a Halo - R.E.A.C.H. a Child! Indiana facebook cause
* Add a link to Indiana's R.E.A.C.H. a Child! on your website
* Work at a bookstore? Then, consider following the lead of Olivia Jobe - the Store Manager at Elkhart’s Waldenbooks - and host a month-long book drive on our behalf
* If you’re a student at one of Indiana's colleges or universities, and if you're also a member of a student organization, please consider holding a campus-wide book drive
* Politicians can issue a proclamation, resolution or letter of support to help raise awareness of our non-profit
* Finally, if you're a first responder (police, sheriff, fire or EMS), please contact me by either calling 574-707-2727 or emailing me at email@example.com to set-up a short presentation. Note: there’s no charge whatsover in supplying your department with backpacks
And, if you can’t lend your support next week, please mark the following dates on your calendar:
June 14, 2009: "With Wings and a Halo - R.E.A.C.H. a Child Awareness Day" (Elkhart)
October 2009: "R.E.A.C.H. a Child Month" (Mishawaka)
Again, thank you Mayor Weinzapfel.