Monday, May 4, 2009
How One Illustrator In Indiana Helped 10 Hoosier Children
There are many ways in which you can help Indiana’s R.E.A.C.H. a Child! to fulfill its mission of putting a smile on the face of a Hoosier child in a time of need. Here’s one way... one way by one very generous person:
Indianapolis artist Sheri Garvin viewed the With Wings & a Halo - R.E.A.C.H. a Child! lens, and decided that she’d like to help. She did so by donating 10 copies of a children’s book that she illustrated called “Little Rhymes For Quiet Times,” written by Charlotte Franck. These books, written to celebrate the wonder and excitement children see in everyday moments, will be put to immediate use in helping to supply the La Porte Police Department with 40 backpacks, each containing 10 - 12 new (or, very slightly used) children’s books.
That’s how Sheri is helping to make a difference in a Hoosier child’s life. Here are some other ways that you can help:
* Click on the “Donate” button below and make a tax-deductible financial contribution using your PayPal account
* Arrange a corporate sponsorship gift
* Join the facebook cause of With Wings and a Halo - R.E.A.C.H. a Child! Indiana
* Add a link on your website to Indiana’s R.E.A.C.H. a Child!
* If you work at a bookstore, consider following the lead of Olivia Jobe - Store Manager at Elkhart’s Waldenbooks - by hosting a bookdrive on our behalf
* If you’re a student at one of Indiana's colleges or universities, and are also a member of a student organization, please consider holding a campus-wide bookdrive
* Politicians can issue a proclamation to help raise awareness of our non-profit. Already, With Wings & a Halo has received a letter of support from Senator Evan Bayh and proclamations from the Mayors of Mishawaka and Elkhart. Additionally, proclamations from the following Mayors are in the works: Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, La Porte, Terre Haute, Bloomington, Evansville, Carmel, and New Castle
* The South Bend and La Porte police departments have already partnered with R.E.A.C.H. a Child! Indiana. If you're a first responder (police, sheriff, fire or EMS), please call me at 574-707-2727 or email me at email@example.com to set-up a quick presentation. Please note that there’s absolutely no charge to supply your department with backpacks