Sunday, May 17, 2009

Indiana's R.E.A.C.H. a Child! Partners With the Warren Township Fire Department



Just minutes after news of R.E.A.C.H. a Child! Indiana's partnership with the South Bend Police Department hit the airwaves, I received an email from Lee Schmidt, a firefighter with the Warren Township Fire Department. He expressed interest in our B.A.C.K. Packets program ("Become a Cheerful Kid"). Just about 10 days later, I supplied the fire department - our first since launching here in Indiana - with 8 backpacks, each containing 10 - 12 new children's books that Lee and his fellow firefighters can handout to children during a crisis situation.

To help spread the word about Indiana's R.E.A.C.H. a Child!, Lee generously invited me to the station's pancake breakfast this morning. The Warren Township Fire Department even provided me with a booth, so that I could discuss the B.A.C.K. Packets program with those in the community. Not only was the food - pancakes, eggs, hash browns, sausage links and patties, and biscuit and gravy - delicious, but I also had the opportunity to speak with a gentleman who works with the South Bend Fire Department. Now, he's interested in partnering with R.E.A.C.H. a Child! Indiana, as well!

My thanks to Lee for the opportunity to help him and his fellow firefighters to offer yet another service to the community of Warren Township, and for helping me to connect with the South Bend Fire Department. Of course, I'd also like to thank him and all of the Warren Township firefighters for all of the great food. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment